IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
I haven’t posted on here in so long. I’ve thought about it many times but it just hasn’t happened. I need somewhere figure out what I’m about to say and to put it, and that will be here.
Clearly what happened yesterday was beyond tragic. The world is mourning together as one. I, personally, happen to live 20 minutes away from Sandy Hook. I also, personally, happen to know one of the precious children who’s life was taken yesterday. My boyfriends amazing little cousin was shot to death yesterday. He was 7. When I was 7, I was in second grade. I asked questions all the time and I dug up worms with my neighbor and I loved balloons. I wondered about middle school, how big space was and what my wedding would be like. I just wonder what he could have been doing and what was running through his mind. He was such a little, bright light. My last memory with him was this summer at his grandfather’s house in upstate New York at the beach. Him, his brother and sister, my boyfriend and I all played water tag. I helped him sneak up on my boyfriend and we went out for ice cream that night. He got the biggest one. He never stopped laughing or smiling, and when he did it was for the attention of my boyfriend, who he had had some sort of special bond with ever since he was a baby. He looked up to him so much.
I don’t understand.
I don’t understand how a human does that to another human.
I just keep picturing his face and what he could have looked like in his last moment.. and that, unfortunately, isn’t a pleasant sight.
I just want everyone to recognize what life is. Life isn’t just you or me, it’s everyone. We must always remember that everyone has a life and there is so much to it. It is so easy in this egotistical, media based society to become incredibly caught up in ones personal desires and concerns.. but everyone has those. Everyone deserves a chance. Life is beautiful, this event, though tragic, hasn’t changed it. Letting this ruin what happiness is is not the way to cope… but rather to look up at the sky and smile at the sunshine. To remember that each life is important in it’s own and that together, we can do amazing things.
RIP sweet angel.
Its not like its my fault.
You did it,
it’s sitting right there on blue china.
Don’t try to tell me I’m trying to ruin you, because thats not my job. Thats not what I do. I’m not one to pick up my pocket watch and decide who gets to crumble which hour. Thats not me and never would be.
Tumblah. on We Heart It. http://weheartit.com/entry/14275281